2008年5月7日 星期三

RJ5 B 組 林怡婷

During these two weeks, I finished one book named "The Signalman and The Ghost at the Trial." It was written by Charles Dickens, retold by F.M Cornish. This book is at beginner level, about 600 basic words in it. The book includes two short stories. One is The Signalman, another is The Ghost at the Trial. The similarity in these two stories is that there are mans who can see the ghost. Both of them are mystery stories.
"The Signalman" is talked about a signalman who sometimes saw a strange man. The man sometimes puts his hands in front of his face. And sometimes he holds his left arm in front of his face and waves his right arm. Everytime after seeing the strange man will there be accidents. That is, some people died after the signalman saw the strange man. And the signal was died in the end. No one is sure whether the man is a man or a ghost.
"The Ghost at the Trial" is about a murder. A man was accused of murder his friend. One day Mr. George became one of the jury. It is strange that Mr. George can see the victim's ghost. The ghost appeared in different time and place. Only Mr. George can see the ghost. It seemed that the ghost wanted Mr. George to help him. And finally, Mr. George persuaded all the jury. And the murderer was killed.
Honestly, I am disappointed about the book. I like mystery story, but I think this one is boring. This is about my forth book written by Charles Dickens. And this is the last book that I want to review. But this book's writing style is different from his book I read before.
These days I found out that whether a book is attracting is important to improve me to study. In fact, I read "White Fang" before "The Signalman and The Ghost at the Trial." But after reading three pages I found I wasn't interested in it. So, I gave up reading "White Fang". And I turned to read this book. I wish next time I can borrow some interesting books.



沒有留言: