2008年5月5日 星期一

My Reading Journal 4 Team I  林佳瑩

This story was written by Hector Hugh Munro,a Scottish novelist,whose article aften satirize British society.

The story is talking about a prank.A fifteen-year-old girl,self-possessed young lady,who play a prank on Framton.She told him that there was a tragedy happened three years ago:out through the window,her aunt's husband and her two brothers went off for their day's shooting,they never come back.They were all three engulfed in a treacherous piece of bog,and their bodies were never recovered.That's why her aunt keep that window open,she believes they will come back someday.
In the deepening twilight,three figures were walking across the lawn towards the window;they all caarried guns under their arms.Framton lose his nerve,grabbing wildly at his stick and hat;the hall door,the gravel drive,and the front gate were dimly noted stages in his headlong retreat.
"Who was that who bolted out as we come up?" they asked.
"Framton,a extraordinary man,he dashed off without a word of good-by or apology.One would think he had seen a ghost."said Mrs. Sappleton,the girl's aunt.
"I expect it was th spaniel,"said the little girl calmly;"he told me he had a horror of dogs."
Romance at short notice was her speciality.

When is a prank no longer a prank?Once I played a prank on my freind.I told her that I incautiously spilt the beans what she told me.That makes her very nervous and frightened.Then I know that was no longer a prank so I apologize to her.Everyone has their endurance of the trick what we played on them,if we did exaggeratedly,they will be mad.Be aware of this,what we have done may offend others and make them feel uncomfortable,look before you leap.

沒有留言: