2008年5月21日 星期三

RJ 6 B組 林怡婷

During these two weeks, I have finished reading an English book called "the Black Tulip" and a story of "Silver Blaze and Other Stories."
"the Black Tulip" is written by Alexandre Dumas, retold by Florence Bell. It is at beginner level with 63 pages. This book is published by Heinemann ELT.
This story began from a competition of growing a black tulip. Cornelius Van Baerle was clever and rich. He loved tulips more than other flowers. Because some untruth reason ,he was sent to prison. Isaac Boxtel was a mean guy. He tried to steal bulbs of black tulips from Cornelius Van Baerle. According to some tips Prince William judged Cornelius Van Baerle was the winner of growing black tulips. Finally Cornelius Van Baerle won the prize of 100,000 guilders.
I am interested in this story which not only a competition but also love story. And the content is attracting, I was eager to know what will happen when I read this story. In a word, I like this book. So I finished reading this book efficiently.
"Silver Blaze and Other Stories." is written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, retold by Anne Collins. It is at elementary level with 56 pages, and it is published by Heinemann. This book comprises three stories. So far I finished the first part.
The main character of the book is Sherlock Holmes who is a detective. He is so clever that he solve a criminal case step by step. The first story talks about a man stole a Blue Carbuncle, and hid it in a goose. Sherlock Holmes used some clues, finding out the thief gradually.
I like detective stories. And I look forward to the following stories..


沒有留言: