2008年5月7日 星期三

my reading journal 5 J組 楊凱容

This week I started to read my new chosen book – Pride and Prejudice. I bought it when I was in senior high, but I didn't have chance to open it until this time. This book was written by Jane Austen in 1797, retold by Margaret Tarner and published by Macmillan Heinemann ELT.
I have read Pride and Prejudice in version of Chinese in my childhood. It was long time ago for me to read it, so I couldn't remember most of its detail clearly. It was really a classic book which worth reading again and again. And its dictum from the begin of the story," everyone knows that a rich, unmarried man needs a pretty wife" was famous all over world. That the reason why I chose this book.
Pride and Prejudice was also produced a film in 2006. KeiraKnightley portrayaled the heroine, Elizabeth Bennent. The story was about the five daughters of the Bennent family who are looking forward to be able to unite by marriage with rich and prestigious families under their mother's arrangement.



沒有留言: