2008年5月23日 星期五

My Reading Journal 6 Group I 陳怡婷‏

I read the book "Tales of Mystery and Imagination" these weeks. There are seven stories in the book. I've been read two of them. It's written by Edgar Allan Poe and simplified by Roland john and Michael West.

Mr. Shuttleworthy was a wealthy and respectable gentleman. One day, he was missing. His best friend, Mr. Goodfellow, who was popular with everyone leads the search. They thought Mr. Pennifeather was the killer. Mr. Pennifeather was the missing man's only living relation and had bad personality. He had knocked Mr. Goodfellow before but Mr. Goodfellow showed his kindness. Mr. Pennifeather was brought to the prison after the search. A month later, Mr. Goodfellow had a party and received a present. When he opened the present, the poor body of Mr. Shuttleworthy, covered with blood, sprang out in the box and said "You are the man!" Mr. Goodfellow scared and confessed his murder. In fact, this wasn't the supernatural. Another friend of Mr. Shuttleworthy made a secret investigation and found the real killer. He put the body into box and made it spring up. In the end, Mr. Pennifeather was released and his habits changed.

This is my sister's book in her senior high. When I first glanced at the illustrations, I was frightened because they were a little horrible. I thought Mr. Goodfellow couldn't be the killer at the beginning, but I was wrong. We are often deceived by surface because we seldom examine its internal. As we learned in class, we have to think things carefully and use some strategies to analyze them so that we can distinguish whether things are true or not.


沒有留言: