2008年5月22日 星期四

My reading Journal 6 H組 韓佳恩

In the course of the past two weeks, I had been nearly reluctant to put down"The Black Pearl"every time I read because the content is so absorbing as though it can lead me into the story plot.

In the city of La Paz,Baja California Sur, every one heard of the Monta Diablo, including Ramon Salazar the main character. Ramon's father who is the most famous dealer in pearls and also a good pearler promised him that Ramon can sail with him and be taught how to dive by him when he is sixteen. When the date come, his father begin to teach him how to examine pearls (shapes, weight, luster…) but not dive. Finally Ramon sail with his father while only stay on the boat, doing some sundry duties. Among his father' s employees, the best diver is Gaspar Ruiz ("The Sevillano")a braggart who likes to tease Ramon.

On the one hand, Ramon's dream is to find"the great Pearl of Heaven"— it is said to be protected by the Monta Diablo (the monster devilfish) ; on the other, The Sevillano's tease enrages Ramon so he decide to learn diving and find it. When his father is away on business, Soto Luzon, an Indian who sell pearls to his father come and as before sell the black pearl to Ramon. Ramon give him higher price for the purpose that he ask Soto to take him to a secluded lagoon and teach him diving.

Soto allow Ramon to his living place, and start teaching him about diving (breathingholding a sink stonetreading quietly on the sandprying the shell…) On the fourth day, Ramon go out the lagoon alone. It is on that day he finds"the great Pearl of Heaven"How does he get And after he gets that rare black pearl, what is happened to himAlthough I have not seen it yet, I am so expected about the following plot and wonder to know that.

The past two weeks, I read it about 20-30 minutes every time on average. I think that reading the English book for me is more easier than at beginning I read, even find some interesting when reading it. Moreover I am glad to feel that on the one side, and on the other side I am excited to reach that position. (but there are still many to achieve)

沒有留言: