2008年6月4日 星期三

My Reading Journal 7 H組 潘巧紋

I found "Macbeth" on my bookshelf last week. I bought it as an outside reading when I was in senior high school. The book is a retold version, published by Pearson Education Limited. It is at Penguin Readers Level 4, the intermediate level, and uses about 1700 words in vocabulary. This one is pretty easy for me now and I finished it during a very short time. It is good that there are not many words I don't understand, within five words, I think.
The story is about a brave soldier, Macbeth, who was admiring by his king, received a prediction by three witches. They told him that he would be the king. After this, his wife and he planed series of crimes to make the dream come true.
Actually, I don't understand what the point of "Macbeth." What's the meaning of this story and behind it? I only saw that so many people and Macbeth himself were all killed because of his ambition. He became more and more cruel and suspicious when he turned into a king by the first evil murder. He even killed his own friend! How could a person do such things? In the end, he even had no emotion with his wife's dead. Maybe power really trends to corrupt.


沒有留言: